Y Ffarmers is open for food every day except Mondays - although we do make a special exception for Bank Holidays. You can find full details of our opening hours on our website or you can just give us a ring on 01974 261275.
We're also open for food all day Saturday from 12-9pm and from 12-3pm Sunday when we serve a traditional Sunday lunch.
If you're making a special trip to get here, it's a good idea to ring and check we've got a table - just drop us an email or if you want an immediate answer, give us a ring on 01974 261275.
Our menu changes regularly but some favourites are always there (in particular, the local sirloin steak and chips and the chocolate brownie which are perenially popular). The sample menu below gives you a good idea of what we do but if you want to check the very latest version, give us a call on 01974 261275.
We also do takeaway food and you can either phone your order through or wait in the bar while your food is cooked.
It's worth checking our Special Offers page to see whether or not there's a bargain to be had - for example, we offer free children's suppers during the school summer holidays.
Whatever's on the menu, our constant aim at Y Ffarmers is to offer good quality food, using local and seasonal produce where possible - or the best of what the rest of the world can offer. We're lucky in that we don’t have to venture far to find fine produce. We get honey from one of the village beekeepers and other locals often pop in with their surplus garden produce (we're lucky to get a lot of rhubarb, gooseberries, blackcurrants, beetroot and runner beans in the summer!). Here are some of our other local suppliers:
- Rob Rattray – an award-winning butcher who has a farm and processing unit less than 2 miles from the pub.
- Cardi Catering - a local butcher who supplies us with great meat from Mid Wales
- Birchgrove Eggs – this company was originally set up by Tony and Gwen Burgess’s who kept free-range flock of hens just across the river at Trawsgoed.
- Ultracomida - a fabulous delicatessen in the centre of Aberystwyth which supplies us with the best in Welsh cheese as well as great olive oil, Rioja wine and Fino sherry.
- Ystwyth Ales - a local company supplying a great range of Welsh cask ales.
Food Awards & Reviews
Y Ffarmers (Farmers Arms) is in the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Good Food Guide. We won an Alastair Sawday's Community Pub of the Year award in 2013 and in October 2011 we picked up a Silver Award at the True Taste Wales Awards. Also in October 2011, we were named in the Observer Food Monthly Awards and The Times (November 2011) as one of the best places in Wales for Sunday Lunch. To find out what other diners think of us or to add your own comments, try Tripadvisor.